Employment Workgroup - Shared screen with speaker view
Who can see your viewing activity?
Si alguien necesita interpretación en español, haga clic en el globo blanco en la parte inferior de la pantalla con la etiqueta "Interpretation." Luego haga clic en “Spanish” y seleccione "Mute original audio.”
La presentación de hoy se publicará en el sitio web del DDS en: https://www.dds.ca.gov/initiative/stakeholder-events/
¿Comentarios? ¿Preguntas? Mande su correo electrónico a WorkServices@dds.ca.gov
Comments? Questions? Use the Q&A in Zoom or email: WorkServices@dds.ca.gov
Today’s materials are posted on the DDS website at: https://www.dds.ca.gov/initiative/stakeholder-events/
100% agree with Wesley! Earlier outreach...
Thank you Wesley! Well said!
ARE THERE OTHER THINGS WE SHOULD KEEP IN MIND AS WE MAKE OUR DECISION ABOUT PRIORITY AREAS AND PROJECTS?
1. WHICH OF THE PRIORITIES ARE YOU PLEASED TO SEE?
What are the deliverables of the grant funding? If replicable, train other ES providers. Number of people places. Defining the measurable outcomes of the grant funding.
Engaging Families and Youth in CIE
2. WHAT DO WE WANT TO SEE IN PLACE AS A RESULT OF THESE EFFORTS?
I agree with you Carole
I think we would see less assumptions about - and discrimination toward the people we serve as employees- and more examples (and hopefully data) reflecting that people with significant support needs also have jobs in community settings.
I caution that we focus on person-centered outcomes. I like partnering with a career path or an industry instead of looking at one business,
That would really help speed things up I agree with you Sarah
3. WHAT WILL BE DIFFICULT TO ACHIEVE IN A 12–18-MONTH PERIOD?
I think a system can be developed in 12-18months and then tweeking it will need to be done to have those positive outcomes to exist.
4. WHICH OF THE PRIORITIES OR STRATEGIES DO YOU CONSIDER AS MOST IMPORTANT TO INCREASE OPPORTUNITIES FOR CIE?
Business Focus Practices
Exactly Carole! I was thinking of just that initiative
Definitely, Vivian! It certainly has to be a multi-pronged approach. The individuals and their families (and support systems) are absolutely essential to their success
Great point, Rebecca!
(3) Business Focused Practices and (1c) Technology literacy (as we need to anticipate most future employment having a tech component)
Great points, Bryan
Grant applicants be required to be vendorized with DOR in addition to DDS
5. NOW AS YOU LOOK OVER ALL OF THE PRIORITIES, IS THERE ANYTHING MAJOR THAT WE ARE MISSING?
Jessica Grove (she/her)
Agree Bryan. DOR is spending $2M on marketing/media campaign targeted to medium and smaller size businesses.
6. WHAT OTHER CONSIDERATIONS SHOULD WE KEEP IN MIND AS WE SET PRIORITIES FOR THE GRANTS PROGRAM?
Thank you Olivia!
I think we need to ensure that there is a "community of practice" element to whatever is funded so that we have a lasting impact across the state once the grants are finished.
Thanks Olivia and Brian
Thank you, everyone!